I recently came across an article online that used a step-by-step combo-app process to create some extreme iphoneography results. With this in mind, I took a walk down Long Street in Cape Town last weekend and shot some photos of the buildings and got to work.
This exact style works best with clear skies, well-lit buildings with shadows and unique shooting angles.
The Apps you will need to create this look are:
**The process to create this style is as follows:
1) Find the building etc that you want to shoot and choose an angle where there are some interesting shadows or where the light illuminates the building well and shoot with your native camera app.
2) Open up your photo in Snapseed, select “Details” and then increase your structure by 40-50 and increase the sharpness by 10-15. Save image.
3) Open in Dynamic Light and drag the amount of dynamic light to 100 and open the Infrared (top right – first page) effect in the Fx options. Save image.
4) Open the saved image in Perfectly Clear and turn off all the settings except for sharpness, exposure and noise removal. Add 50% of sharpness and remove all noise (slider to top) and edit exposure if it comes out too bright. Save image.
5) Open saved image in Picfx, crop image and then open the “Space Set” and select one the space settings and then click “add another effect”. Open the “Textures Set” and select “Paint Peel”. If you’d like to add more space effects, just click the “add another effect” button and add. Save image.
6) Open saved image in Snapseed and increase the detail again (however much you’d like) and increase the saturation until it tickles your fancy. Save image.
7) *This is optional* Open saved image in LensLight and add “search cone”light. Save image.
And there you have it. We will post more on how to create certain effects for photos in the future and if you have any looks that you’d like to share, post them on the Facebook page and we will share it with the community.
**If you do not follow these steps exactly, you will not be able to achieve the achieved result**
Garth Manthe (@iapperture)